Conference: "New Regulations to Support the Fight for Clean Air"
The conference "New Regulations to Support the Fight for Clean Air" took place on March, 10 in order to present the demands of legal changes developed in cooperation between regions.
The key demands are:
• regulation of minimum quality parameters of solid fuels authorized for sale in Poland, which will eliminate the worst kinds of coal, fines and mules sold to individuals ,
• determine the minimum technical parameters for the new solid fuel boilers installed in buildings in order to establish emission standards for these boilers and procedures for inspection by the service,
• enable the Parliament of the region to put restrictions not only in terms of fuel approved for use but also the technical parameters of fuel burning devices approved for use,
• enable the introduction of explicit requirements for allowable methods of heating buildings for local development plans and make connection for buildings to the district heating network a priority,
• allow the city council to implement the limited traffic zone in order to restrict access of cars that do not meet the requirements such as Euro 3 or Euro 4,
• increase the flexibility of determining the amount by the municipal council the rate of fees for parking ,
• allow compensation of emissions from newly emerging industrial installations through the elimination of low emissions in a given area .
The conference was organised by the Małopolska region and the association "Zielone Mazowsze".